We’re now collecting submissions for our first published anthology. Our focus is short stories with the theme “origins”, although work of all formats and themes will be considered.
It’s our intention to find the best written work Columbus has to offer, but writers from around the world are encouraged to submit their work. There is no fee to submit your first short story for consideration.
Writers who are selected for publication will be compensated for their work!
Submitted work should be less than 10,000 words, and submitted as a .pdf. If you’re having trouble with the format, please contact us for assistance.
Theme: Our official theme is “origins”. This could be the origin of the universe, the origin of a character trait or emotional element, the origin of your grandmother’s cookie recipe or the story of a UPS package. Fortunately, almost all stories are a story of some form of “origin” or another!
Deadline: The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2011.
Selection Process: We will make our final selection by March 16, 2011. Writers who have submitted work will be notified as soon as possible. Stories will be chosen according to the co-op’s bylaws for doing so. We’re simply looking to publish the best short stories.
Compensation: Writers who are selected for publishing will be compensated based on total revenue from book sales. We won’t know exactly how much this is until well after the book is released, but writers can reasonably expect to receive between $20 and $200 for the work.
How To Submit: The submission process is free and easy. Here are the steps:
1) Create an account with the Columbus Creative Cooperative by visiting ColumbusCoop.org/membership.php . You are not required to be a paid co-op member to submit your work, but having each writer create a simple account helps us to organize the submissions more easily. Registration is free and easy.
2) Confirm your account with the email address you provided, then Login to ColumbusCoop.org .
3) Export your story as a PDF (this is super easy – instructions are provided).
4) Click “Submit Work for Anthology” in the menu on the left side of the page (under “Members Only”).
5) Fill out the form and select which file you’d like to upload. You’re done!
Misc Info: You retain full rights to your work until you sign a publishing agreement. After the selection process is complete, you’ll be given an opportunity to review the publishing agreement and compensation information before making your final decision.
For more information, or if you have any questions. Please contact us right away!
We’re looking forward to reading your work.