"The Joy of Argument" flash fiction contest will run from June 6, 2016 through July 15, 2016.
Writers must craft an argument in 2500 characters (about 500 words) or less, creating the best case they can for an absurd stance. There are no other guidelines or restrictions. Albert Navarra, author of The Joy of Argument and our judge for this contest, will be looking for the essay that successfully makes an argument for the most absurd position.
There will be 2 prizes awarded in total.
• The best story, as selected by our judge, will be awarded $100.00
• The top vote earner will be awarded $100.00
Winners will be announced on July 31, 2016.
All winners will also be awarded copious amounts of bragging rights!
You can start submitting your story any time on June 9, 2016. As soon as you submit your story, it will be publicly available to receive votes. So the sooner you submit, the better your chances of earning the most votes (it is a FLASH fiction contest after all). You may submit your story any time before the deadline, 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 15, 2016.
To get started, follow these instructions:
1. Register for a CCC account (it's free) - register here.
2. Follow the instructions and confirm your account by email.
3. Login at ColumbusCoop.org, and then click "The Joy of Argument Flash Fiction Contest".
4. Submit your story via the website form.
5. Share your provided link with family and friends!
Before you get started, please check out the official flash fiction contest rules (click).
Please contact us with any questions.