Our "Holiday Blitz" flash fiction contest will run from November 23, 2012 through December 15, 2012.
Writers will be given three random images that they must use as the basis for a short story of 2500 characters (about 500 words) or less! The images could be anything--a pirate ship, a tiger, a knife, a baseball bat, a fire truck, or a variety of winter holiday images--you get the idea.
Two winners will be chosen by CCC judges, three will be chosen by popular vote (the top vote earner wins, and two of the top ten vote earners will be randomly selected as winners).
Each winner will get a $10 Amazon.com gift card and the bragging rights!
You can start submitting your story any time after 12:01 a.m. on Friday, November 23, 2012. As soon as you submit your story, it will be publicly available to receive votes. So the sooner you submit, the better your chances of earning the most votes (it is a FLASH fiction contest after all).
To get started, follow these instructions:
1. Register for a CCC account (it's free) - register here.
2. Follow the instructions and confirm your account by email.
3. Login at ColumbusCoop.org, and then click "Holiday Blitz Flash Fiction Contest".
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to generate three random images.
5. Write your story, login and submit it into the provided form.
6. Share your provided link with family and friends!
Before you get started, please check out the official flash fiction contest rules (click) (updated 11/24/12).
Please contact us with any questions.