Our "Spooooky" flash fiction contest will run from October 7, 2013 through October 28, 2013.
Writers will be given three random images that they must use as the basis for a short story of 2500 characters (about 500 words) or less! The images could be anything--a pirate ship, a tiger, a knife, a baseball bat, a fire truck--you get the idea.
There will be 10 prizes awarded in total.
• The top vote earner will be awarded a copy of Columbus: Past, Present and Future
• Two of the remaining top ten vote earners will be randomly selected as winners and will each be awarded a copy of Columbus: Past, Present and Future
• Three contestants will be selected as finalists by the CCC judges, and will each be awarded an autographed, limited-edition Advance Review Copy of Seven in a Jeep (www.SeveninaJeep.com). Vote count will not effect selection or eligibility to be a finalist.
• One chamption (chosen from the three finalists) will be awarded his/her choice of an Amazon Kindle or a $50 Amazon.com gift card!
Contestants may win more than one prize. Winners will be announced on October 31, 2013.
All winners will be awarded copious amounts of bragging rights!
You can start submitting your story any time after 12:01 a.m. on Monday, October 7, 2013. As soon as you submit your story, it will be publicly available to receive votes. So the sooner you submit, the better your chances of earning the most votes (it is a FLASH fiction contest after all). You may submit your story anytime before the deadline, 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, October 28, 2013.
To get started, follow these instructions:
1. Register for a CCC account (it's free) - register here.
2. Follow the instructions and confirm your account by email.
3. Login at ColumbusCoop.org, and then click "Spooooky Flash Fiction Contest".
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to generate three random images.
5. Write your story, login and submit it into the provided form.
6. Share your provided link with family and friends!
Before you get started, please check out the official flash fiction contest rules (click) (updated 10/02/13).
Please contact us with any questions.